Wednesday 31 October 2007

Autumn and string

Yesterday we went for a walk in the park.


I never get sick of autumn when it like this....

Even Muttus Maximus (aka the dog) enjoyed himself....



In other news, I have been experimenting with re-usable bags. I already have many but last night i decided i would attempt making one from jute twine. I got out my size 15's (mm) and disregarded patterns to produce this......


Its amazing. I cant believe how strong it is. It only took a couple of hours to do and it holds more weight than I could fit in it.

So pleased. will attempt another.

I am now sock/glove planning for the new wool I have. everyone seems to be doing 'jaywalker socks' am tempted to give them a go myself seeing as evreyone says they are so great to knit.

2 comments:

Hyena In Petticoats said...

It's so weird reading about Autumn when over here we are just about to head into Summer....
Congrats on the shop opening, and thanks for stopping by!

Leah xx

Rani said...

Oh ho ho! Once the sock bug bites . . . watch out!

I've never tried gloves, but if you want some good inspiration, check out www.saartjeknits.nl

She makes GORGEOUS gloves and I think she's on Ravelry too.

Your pup is adorable and the fall colors make me want to go grab another cup of coffee and just sit and stare.

By the way, I like the bag. I made one for fun out of old cotton but it's so fugly, I haven't used it in public yet. I like yours much better!!!