Monday 12 November 2007

progress and cables

These little pretties are my new handmade cable needles that I ordered from debhd on Etsy last week. I have to say, they are lovely.


She very sweetly sent me a 4th one along with the 3 I actually paid for.

I made progress on the sock, but its too depressing for words. My main problem is picking up stitches along the edge of the heel flap, they always look like humungous holes or like i dropped multiple stitches or something. I just dont see how I can do it any better, very frustrated and almost ready to pack in socking all together. couldnt even face photographing them. other than that they are going perfectly.

On the other hand though, the wool comes out really cool.

I'm off for sandwiches.... will update with scary sock pics tomoro.

2 comments:

Rani said...

I always add one or two extra stitches where the instep meets the heel stitches. That sometimes works. And sometimes it looks like the stitches along the edge are loose but once you get them knit up, they look fine.

Don't give up! Get a Nancy Bush sock book from your local library and read her tips.

Linda said...

Another sock tip is to knit into the back of the stitches that you have picked up, it twists them so that the hole is reduced, and it looks nice too. Ranis idea is one I use too, you just need to remember that you have extra stitches to decrease when you do the gussets.
Post a picture so that we can see.