Wednesday 6 February 2008

We love the post office

This is what we call a good day in our wee house.


This is what arrived this morning (as if the post office doesnt think I am odd enough ordering spindles) It actually came in sack.... ha ha...

This is my valentines wool ....

Its BFL from fyberspates, i have 5 glorious skeins , so of course I had to cast on my february socks...

which let me test my new 30cm (12") sock needles... so much fun, feels like knitting with toy needles they are so small. Though, it means I am not always loosing my spare needles. Someone is going to have to teach me to knit socks on 2 circulars.

Next up is 500g of Norweigan grey sliver. Roving with 2 lengths of fiber to make 'hairy' wool...

and of course I tested just a tiny bit...

Perfect! I love it.

Lastly There is some falkland top (200g)..... so soft and absolutely beautiful (i'm saving the spinning till I have time to really enjoy it)

If you want a wide choice roving at great prices check out Wingham wool works ... I'm really pleased with them.

1 comment:

Mrs Moog said...

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog!
I love the goodies your postman brought. That sock yarn is beautiful and I'm most impressed that you spin your own wool!!

Lesley x