Tuesday 6 October 2009

All work and no knitting

It's been ages since I posted anything, mainly because it seems Rafaela can tell the minute I start typing and she wakes up. (Note to reader: this post is equal to several, so get a cuppa before you start)

I thought, since I havn't made anything (except a mess of my house), I would share with you some (only a couple) of the lovely things that people have given Rafaela.

I'll start with shoes since shoes are just the perfect thing to start with.... Our hope-to-soon-be-sister-in-law-if-my-brother-would-just-ask-her bought us these absolutely gorgeous little leather shoes with ribbon laces just after she was born...


And just when I thought it didn't get any better in the shoe world than that, she surprised us on sunday with the same shoes in pink!!


We have her reading skills covered with this fabulous old favourite...


As well as these other lovely books...


A good friend of ours made Rafaela her first dolly...

Which we will let her play with when she is a little older, and another friend bought her a second dolly....

Which we will never let her play with.... this beautiful little dolly is porcelan and is dressed in traditional Romanian dress.... much much too pretty for her to play with, but we'll let her look at it if she's very good (ha ha).

We took Rafaela to church on Sunday to be dedicated. A friend of ours had sent a beautiful outfit which we kept specially for the occasion. We had a lovely day and a little lunch with close family and friends afterwards. She looked gorgeous in her outfit....


But as you can imagine, was not impressed at being made to sit for a photo!


I'll try not to bore you with photo's, but just a couple to complete the post...

This is 4 generations of first born daughters, Rafaela, me, my mother, my grandmother

Me and my father, he's barely seen his granddaughter but he seems pleased enough with her...


And lastly, My Hubby and I with our wee girl


I suppose the post was largely pics, so hopefully you survived to the end. Will try and regulate posting.

2 comments:

marit said...

Just don't expect your life to get back to "normal" any time soon...LOL!

Lovely pictures! She's getting so big!

Anonymous said...

Oh your wee girl is beautiful. Love her name as well. Lovely to see what you look like.